"Like us" on Facebook for a chance to win a BEAM Alliance 600SA Central Vacuum System with BEAM Q Cleaning Set.
Share your messy moment videos for a chance to win a BEAM Alliance 700TC Central Vacuum System with BEAM Q Cleaning Set.
Enter at www.facebook.com/officialbeamcentralvacuums
for your chance to WIN!
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
A. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Yukon, and where prohibited by law) (herein referred to as “Canadian Entrants”); and the continental United States (excluding New York, Rhode Island, Florida, Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited by law) (herein referred to as “US Entrants”), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (except Alabama and Nebraska residents must be at least 19 years old and Mississippi residents must be 21). Unless otherwise specified, Canadian Entrants and US Entrants shall be referred to herein as the “Entrants.” Employees (and their immediate families [parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside] and those living in their same households, whether or not related) of Electrolux Home Care Products Canada, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, and participating advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws.
B. TO ENTER.
The Sweepstakes begins at 8:30am Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on March 10, 2014 and ends at 5:00pm EST on April 25, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, enter the Sweepstakes by visiting http://www.facebook.com/officialbeamcentralvacuums ("Website") and clicking on the “Like” button (if you are not already a fan of the Beam Central Vacuums Facebook Page). Then, you can enter two different ways:
- Post a comment (“Comment”) on the Website. Limit one (1) comment per Facebook user account. One comment gives you one (1) Sweepstakes entry eligible to win Prize A described below.
- Upload a video of your Messy Moments (the “Video”) on to the Website by clicking on the photo icon at the top of the page. Limit up to three (3) different Videos per Facebook user account. Each Video gives you one (1) Sweepstakes entry eligible to win Prize B described below; and
Must “like” the Website to participate. Requirements of the Video and Comment are set forth below. Limit three (3) entries per Facebook user account for Prize A and limit one (1) entry per Facebook user account for Prize B. Entries received from any person or e-mail address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. No other form of entry is valid. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
C. VIDEO AND COMMENTS REQUIREMENTS.
- Video must be about a messy moment in your life.
- Video must be a minimum of 5 seconds and a maximum of 3 minutes.
- Video may be in any format that can be uploaded to and viewed on Facebook.
- May comment on any posting by Sponsor or any other post on the page.
A Video and Comment will collectively be referred to hereunder as a “Submission.” Each Submission must also comply with the following:
- The Submission must be your own original work, created solely by you; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
- The Submission must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service (except referencing the Sponsor or either of the Prizes is permitted).
- If any persons appear or are referred to in the Submission, you are solely responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting your Submission, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Submission by Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules. If any person appearing in any Submission is under the age of majority in their state of residence, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
- Submissions that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or Submissions that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material may not be submitted and may be removed at any time in Sponsor’s sole and unfettered discretion.
- The Submission must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than yourself. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your Submission, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
- You may not be, nor may you work with parties in conjunction with your Submission who are: 1) represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or manager) that would limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to display your Submission in any media form; 2) subject to an acting or modeling contract that would make your/their appearance in the Submission a violation of any third-party rights; or 3) under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to guild and/or union memberships, that may prevent Sponsor from being able to use the Submissions worldwide in all media in perpetuity on a royalty-free basis, without any payment or fee obligations.
By submitting an entry, you hereby grant permission for the entry to be posted on the Website or any other websites. You agree that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of your entry. You agree that you will not use the Submission for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting it to any online social networks, without the express consent of Sponsor in each instance.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Submission that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. The decisions of Sponsor on this and all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding.
Entrants agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any suits, claims, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, that it may sustain from any breach of a representation or warranty made by the Entrant or the use of any rights granted by the Entrant to Sponsor hereunder.
- One (1) potential winner of Prize A (described below) will be selected in a random drawing held on or about April 28, 2014 from all eligible Video entries received from US Entrants.
- One (1) potential winner of Prize A (described below) will be selected in a random drawing held on or about April 28, 2014 from all eligible Video entries received from Canadian Entrants.
- One (1) potential winner of Prize B (described below) will be selected in a random drawing held on or about April 28, 2014 from all eligible Comment entries received from US Entrants.
- One (1) potential winner of Prize B (described below) will be selected in a random drawing held on or about April 28, 2014 from all eligible Comment entries received from Canadian Entrants.
In order for a Canadian Entrant to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone or email. Limit one (1) prize per household. Odds of winning each Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified via Facebook messaging and will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within seven (7) days of date of issuance (the “Forms”). If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
- Prize A: One (1) BEAM Alliance 600SA Central Vacuum System with 012337 (30 ft. BEAM Q hose set). One US Entrant will win Prize A and one Canadian Entrant will win Prize A. Approximate retail value of Prize A: $1250.00
- Prize B: One (1) BEAM Alliance 700TC Central Vacuum System with 012337 (30 ft. BEAM Q hose set). One US Entrant will win Prize B and one Canadian Entrant will win Prize B. Approximate retail value of Prize B: $1,400.00
Winner must take delivery of the prize within ninety (90) days of Sponsor’s receipt and verification of the completed Forms. Sponsor is not responsible for providing installation of the appliance. Manufacturer’s standard written limited warranty will apply. Sponsor shall be responsible for shipping and delivery to winner’s primary residence within the continental United States or the District of Columbia or Canada (except for the voided states, provinces, and areas noted in section A of these Official Rules). All taxes, including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not expressly provided for herein, are solely the responsibility of the winner, including without limitation, any costs of installation. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer a prize or redeem a prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor, except Sponsor’s standard written warranty included in the prize packaging. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per household.
F. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY.
Neither the Sponsor, Facebook, nor any of its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees or advertising and promotion agencies or prize suppliers or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) will have any liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize (including without limitation any travel or activity related thereto) or participation in this Sweepstakes.
G. GRANT OF RIGHTS.
All Entrants grant Sponsor the right to display their Submissions at the Website. By uploading a Submission, Entrant grants Sponsor and its licensees, successors and assigns and any designated person or entity acting on its behalf the royalty-free and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, modify, publish, exploit, modify, edit, transmit, distribute, create derivative works from, and display such Submission (including without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein) in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, with or without Entrant’s first name and last initial and city/state, in any media or technology now known or later developed, including, without limitation, for Sponsor’s promotional or marketing purposes, in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to Entrant or any third party. If requested, the Entrant will sign any additional documentation requested by Sponsor to help further effectuate such grant.
H. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION.
- Conduct: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Sweepstakes and to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may reject any Submission, if in Sponsor's sole judgment, the Entrant has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter or participate. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Incidents: Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation: (a) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God or ( b) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared). If terminated, Sponsor will select the potential winners via a random drawing in accordance with the same process outlined above from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
- Release: By participating in this Sweepstakes all Entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties (as defined above) from and against any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their participation in this Sweepstakes (or related activities) or their acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, Entrants hereby grant Sponsor and the right to use their names, likenesses, voices, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes.
- Entry Errors/Internet: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. If terminated, Sponsor will select the potential winners via a random drawing in accordance with the same process outlined above from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the Site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address associated with his/her entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
I. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION.
This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Sweepstakes and Official Rules are governed and interpreted by the laws of Ontario, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
K. WINNERS LIST.
Winners will be identified on the Website no later than May 30, 2014.
This sweepstakes is sponsored by Electrolux Home Care Products Canada, Inc. doing business as BEAM Central Vacuum Systems, 5855 Terry Fox Way Mississauga, ON L5V 3E4 Canada.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, nor is Facebook associated with the Sweepstakes in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook.